Saturday, December 6, 2008

Contentment

One of my favorite times of the day is after the kiddo's bedtime. The house is still. I can sit down without any interruptions. It is the brief moment in every day when I realize I am a person too! All day long I am doing for my family. Cooking, cleaning, dressing, changing, and on and on I could go. Mothers and wives forget themselves to serve their family, it's what we do. It's who we are really, except for a few moments when all is quiet and you're left alone with YOU! Most days I'm so tired, I just sit down and read something, or get on the computer and read on this site. After an hour or so, I prepare for bed, and turn off the lights, check the locks on the front and back doors. Then I turn on the bathroom light, for wandering boys at 2am. I go to the boys room, and I get down on my knees. I kiss my sleeping Nathan, and touch his soft brown hair, and I pray that he will talk soon, that God would give me wisdom to teach him how to form sounds with his mouth. I then cover all the boys up, I make sure no one is sleeping sideways, or a body appendage is not hanging off of the bed. When I slip into my bed, it is so peaceful, I rarely have any trouble falling asleep. Sweet sleep from serving all day long. The work is sometimes hard, sometimes long, always messy, and not much appreciated by toddlers and preschoolers, but such peace is felt in my soul, that I am a Mother; and I wouldn't want life any other way. This is contentment for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Powered by Blogger.