Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas in Jamaica

well, this was our first year outside of America for Christmas. Initially, I thought I would really save stress and time and MONEY...by ordering gifts, having them shipped to family, and then shipped here. The toys here are just outrageous! I spent a total of $230 just in shipping costs. Then I did not receive the boxes until the Tuesday before Christmas Eve! I did save money though. We got Derek a K'nex ferris wheel...I paid 14.99 for it on Amazon...I saw one here in the store for $60 USD. That was only one gift. Ellie got a baby doll that cries, it came with a little bed, pillow, and bottles. I paid 14 dollars for the doll online...here...a plain doll with nothing is $26 USD. Leggo's are really expensive too.

All in all we had a very relaxing day. The boys got some blow up toys for the pool. One was a pirate ship...5 feet long! They also got a log jousting set, where they sit on these blow up logs and take these bopper things and try to knock each other off. It was hilarious!! None of us could even stay on the logs, not even Kevin, we all kept rolling off!

We had a great day...

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you got your gifts in time! Praise the Lord!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Powered by Blogger.