Friday, August 7, 2009

What is your passion?

A thousand words...and then some...: Assignment #5 - What is your passion?
As time has allowed, I have tried to participate in a writing challenge. Today I was challenged to write about my passion in life.


Deep within my heart, since I became a Christian is a simmering flame. I do not claim to be a great Christian, nor would I assume to describe myself as a great person of faith. I do have a fire though. It burns within me daily.

With every ounce of soul that I posses, I long, I desire, I yearn, to please the Lord with my life. Not for salvation, not for acceptance, not for the love of God, but to please Him. This desire, this passion, drives me to be a better wife, a better mother, a better person...to represent the One who gave me eternal life well.

This passion smites my heart when I fail. This passion holds my tongue, when I would like to tell someone what I think. This passion helps me to love someone, who has hurt me greatly. It drives me to make a difference.

No matter what the emotion I may be feeling, the fire simmers. No matter what turmoil I may have in my life, the fire simmers. I feel it within my soul...this longing, this pulling, to please my Lord.

May I live my life in such a way, as to feed this flame until it is more than a simmering fire, but an all consuming passion, that overwhelms me til I breathe my last breath...and my soul finally reaches heaven.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Amy Sue. I saw your post about passion at the assignment page. If you click on your title of this post and then copy the address of your post in the web address section, by copy and paste into the comments section on the hostess page.

    The assignments are great aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure why but I do this too.

    "This passion smites my heart when I fail. This passion holds my tongue, when I would like to tell someone what I think. This passion helps me to love someone, who has hurt me greatly. It drives me to make a difference."

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great words of wisdom! I feel as you. Ordinary life is just that but a life filled
    with His purpose and passion burns within!
    I can see that beauty within you!lv-nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too, share that passion, Amy. My journals since my teen years all reveal that passion. God is so merciful to watch me as I fail/fall and get up again so many times. You have written this beautifully. Obviously, you share my passion for writing, too, and I'm thankful that God allowed our paths to cross.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and challenging...I love you, sweet Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a most amazing woman and I thank God He gave me the opportunity to know you! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Powered by Blogger.