Sunday, July 12, 2009

Flu bug

It has hit us. It began on Thursday with Kevin and David. Friday was Joey and Ellie's turn. Saturday it finally reached my stomach...and today it is Derek's turn. It seems to last between 24-36 hours. I'm not sure if it is because of the pregnancy, but it has completely wiped me out!! I think I was awake a total of about 4 hours all day on Saturday. I don't remember the last time I have slept so much. Today I thought I was better, so I got up and began to get myself ready for church. Derek woke up, not feeling so well, so we waited to see whether or not he was sick, or just tired. Sure enough, he was sick too. I stayed home with him, started cleaning up the "morning rush mess"...and all of a sudden I got sooo dizzy, I almost passed out. That happened twice yesterday. So now I am laying down AGAIN...with Derek to keep me company. Tomorrow it should be Nathan's turn, unless he has an iron stomach.

Kevin has been so good. I think as women we tend to push ourselves, even when we are very sick. Something in our nature I suppose, tells us to just keep on going. After all, we have a family to take care of right? On Saturday, Kevin took all the kids with him, to go to a picnic we had been invited to. I stayed home and slept. Then last night he took all of them to the store with him. As soon as I can find the picture I will post it....he had all of the boys in one of the little cars that are attached to the front of the cart at Stracks. It looked like a bunch of monkeys hanging off of it. I'm surprised he didn't get reprimanded by someone in the store, "Excuse me sir, only 2 children per truck is allowed." He said they all did really well. He didn't seem any worse for the trip either. The man has the patience of a saint I tell ya.

So now, I've been ordered by the man in charge to lay down...AGAIN, and take it easy today. Hopefully, this is the end of our visitor this week.

4 comments:

  1. Aww, you poor thing. I rarely succomb to the stomach bug, and I greatly dread throwing up while I'm pregnant. You're right. Being sick during pregnancy really wipes you out. Take time to recover - without guilt!! You need that rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Amy, sorry you all are ill! I am home with my sick two year old. I am so glad Kevin is taking good care of you. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear that, it's no fun when the flu hits the whole family. Praying for you and the family. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, you are a trooper! I wish I could come by
    and bring you a big bunch of flowers for you!
    What a good hubby to care for you and the children during these days....Take care my friend and know that I am praying for you and your family! lv-nancy

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Powered by Blogger.