Saturday, March 14, 2009

A dirty mirror

We have a full length mirror on the outside of the bathroom door. The little ones love to go play right in front of it. It seems so pointless to even once a day wipe off the fingerprints, because right away...there they are again. Truth be known, I love finding little fingerprints. It reminds me we have little people here...and I do like little ones.

I was praying this morning, and telling the Lord about my weakness. You know, the one weakness that crops up it's ugly head...unexpectedly, and takes you by surprise? Yep, that's the one. I told the Lord my sins reminded me of the dirty mirror, with smudges and prints all over it. How thankful I am, that He wiped them away. Yet it seems that as soon as I remind myself I am forgiven, there are a couple of new smudges that I had not seen before. Thus it goes. I feel like sometimes this one particular weakness is more than a smudge though, it's more like a scratch right in the glass. Every time you look into the mirror, there it is, and it never goes away. "Oh Lord, will I ever get the victory? Will this weakness forever be etched upon me?! Can you fix and mend a marred piece of glass?" I prayed.

And from that thought I realized...
I see now just how much I need God's strength, for the "scratch" in the glass is ever before me. I see it on a regular basis. Each time I confess the "smudges" of sin...I also pray for strength to gain the victory over the huge "scratch" glaring back at me from the glass. Praise the Lord for our weaknesses, for it shows us how much we really do need God in our lives!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Powered by Blogger.